If you were worried about being ill-equipped to face the Necromorphs in Dead Space 3 when it releases next year, Electronic Arts revealed two pre-order incentives that should give you an edge. Or at least a new way to kill things.
If you put down your cash for Dead Space 3 early at either GameStop or Amazon, EA says you can get one of two weapons: an SMG for GameStop and a Tesla Enervator that you can use to electrocute anything that stands in your way.
Here’s the description of each Dead Space 3 pre-order exclusive weapon:
EG-900 SMG (Available at GameStop)
– This EarthGov-issued sub machinegun is built for urban warfare. It’s compact but deadly, sporting an internal hyper-accelerator maximum damage.
Tesla Enervator (Available at Amazon)
– Sovereign Colonies scientists developed the “Enervator” from an overdriven focus coil to “humanely” eliminate dangerous specimens. The Enervator delivers a precision blast causing instantaneous electrocution and molecular destabilization in the target. In test subjects, death was instantaneous.
Both weapons come in addition to all of the previously-announced Dead Space 3 Limited Edition goodies, which include the “First Contact” and “Witness the Truth” bundles. Here’s more detail on those:
First Contact Bundle
– First Contact Suit: This unique EVA (Extra-Vehicular Activity) suit was built by the SCAF (Sovereign Colonies Armed Forces) for encounters with “foreign entities.” It sports a flamboyant golden finish to provide protection from long-term space exposure and thick armor for… unspecified reasons. The suit was given the nickname “First Contact” by the scientists who made it.·
– Negotiator Weapon: While technically classified by the SCAF as a “scientific instrument,” the gold-plated “Negotiator” is loaded with some surprisingly aggressive hardware. The overclocked, top-mounted Tesla Beam is capable of bursting a man-sized organism into several pieces with a single shot. The bottom-mounted Linegun appears to have been built with the sole purpose of cleanly dismembering organic tissue from a distance.
Witness the Truth Bundle
– Witness Suit: These insulated suits were worn by a SCAF deep dig team assigned to exhume the darkest secrets of Tau Volantis. Whatever they found locked deep in the ice changed them forever. When they emerged weeks later, they were covered head to toe in strange graffiti and claimed to be “Witnesses to the Truth.”·
– Evangelizer Weapon: A modification of the standard AL-2 used by the Sovereign Colonies Legionaries, this version sports a souped-up AL-2g assault rifle on the top with an Emerson 2100 “Big Boy” tactical shotgun on the bottom. The surviving “Witnesses” of the SCAF deep dig team dubbed it the Evangelizer and decorated them top to bottom with strange symbols.
Dead Space 3 is set to release on PC, PlayStation 3, and Xbox 360 starting February 5, 2013.